What are the symptoms and how to prevent from coronavirus (covid-19) ?
This article is on the new coronavirus that recently emerged from Wuhan China so within the article see
about what we all know thus far about the origins of the virus.
How the virus is transmitted and that we all mention the global spread of the virus thus far.
The new coronavirus : (2019-nCOV)
The new Crona virus is understood as (2019 -n COV )so what that stands for is 2019 novel coronavirus.
- It’s the seventh corona virus found to cause illness in humans and previous corona viruses that have caused human epidemics include SARS and MERS viruses.
- The new corona virus itself is a novel beta corona virus and it’s in group 2b
- It’s a RNA virus and it’s been shown through genetic analyses tobe almost like bat corona viruses.
- In fact it’s been shown to be 96% related to bat corona viruses.
- So originally it was believed that the virus originated from transmission from snakes to humans now it seems to be from bats to humans but it’s still unsure if there’s a separate species in between that mechanism so what I mean by that’s bats are likely the first source but we’re not sure if bats transmitted to a different species which transmit it to humans or bats directly transmitted the virus to humans so we’ll be waiting on further evidence to ascertain where or how the virus is transmitted.
- This Wu hen corona virus shares an approximately 80 percent sequence homology with the severe acute respiratory syndrome or SARS coronavirus so there are similarities between this Crona virus in SARS corona virus but there are things that aren’t similar we’ll mention that later also.
- Why this is often important now’s that the World Health Organization or WHO has recently declared a public health emergency for this 2019 novel coronavirus and that they declared this public emergency on January 30th 2020.
What are the origins of coronavirus (COVID-19) :
- The origins all start in Wuhan, Hubei china.
- Wu hen may be a city of quite 11 million people it is a relatively large city it is the seventh largest city in China.
- Hubei province is itself home to over 50 million people.
- What happened was there have been cases that began to occur in December of 2019 and that they were deemed pneumonia of unknown cause.
- The first patients with this new corona virus seem to possess been hospitalized on December 16th 2019 in order that was the primary date we all know of thus far.
- But it’s estimated that initial infections started to occur even before this probably as early as November 2019.
- After multiple sporadic cases began to increase throughout Hubei China in across China this virus was reported to the WHO and it had been reported to the WHO on December 31st 2019.
- So it all begins or is assumed to possess began in the huanan and seafood market now huanan and seafood market was initially the place where this was thought to possess originated through cross species contamination or through transmission from a bat to a person’s because most of the initial patients with this virus worked or had visited this seafood market so it’s unsure of at now whether this is often the first source of the infection.
Over time subsequent cases began to pop up and lots of
- Involved healthcare workers that had been exposed to those patients and relations of patients.
- This all raised the likelihood of human-to-human transmission.
How was the coronavirus transmitted or How is it transmitted:
- It was again initially believed to be transmitted from the first source example the market .
- But over time it had been postulated and now has been shown to be transmitted at least from human to human as a possible mechanism.
- We’re still not sure if it’s transmitted from the original source still and transmitted human-human or if it’s just being transmitted human to human so human human transmission has been demonstrated in said countries China,Germany, united states and Vietnam and it originally was believed to be transmitted between symptomatic patients so a individual could only transmit it if they were sick and they were developing or showing symptoms.
- There was one report that demonstrated 5 cases of the 20-19 corona virus that seemed to be transmitted by Asymptomatic patients so right now we’re still unsure exactly how this is often being transmitted is it being transmitted human to human only through symptomatic cases or can it be transmitted through both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients so we’re still not sure at now but there’s that one report which will suggest that it can be transmitted even through asymptomatic individuals who are carrying the virus.
- So this is often all led to the present outbreak and the epidemic or the outbreak is approximately doubling every seven day.
How to coronavirus (COVID-19) spread:
- Occurring through respiratory droplets so exposure to sneezing and coughing this is often very similar to other respiratory viruses so other rhinoviruses other corona viruses seem to be spread by this also so respiratory droplets.
- It might be transmitted airborne a minimum of within the vicinity of the respiratory droplets.
- It’s probably requiring some close contact with an infected individual so close contact is defined as being within 6 feet or 2 meters.
- It’s probably more likely that you simply need some prolonged period of your time to be in close contact with that individual to possess that effective transmission and may be transmitted through indirect objects like fomites so if the respiratory droplet lands on some object and a private touches that object and touches their nose or face they could have a transmission through that mechanism.
- A newer way that it has been shown that it can possibly spread and it is possibly transmitted is through feces.
- Actually the corona virus has been shown to be within the feces or loose stool of a patient in Washington US.
Other corona viruses are shown to cause gastrointestinal infections so SARS was shown to cause diarrhea in approximately 10 to 20 percent of patients and it could spread in feces that way so this
is not entirely surprising so this might be another mechanism by which this 20-19
novel coronavirus is spreading in possibly through fecal material like diarrhea.
This brings up another interesting possible origin of the virus or spread of the virus in China which
are squat latrines then this might be another way that this novel coronavirus is spreading in China through squat latrines so I’m gonna now mention the global spread of this virus currently so,
This is early july of 2020 so right now approximately 213 countries have reported cases confirmed cases of this 20-19 novel coronavirus therefore the majority the vast overwhelming majority of cases are located in USA.
What are the symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19):
We’re getting to mention the symptoms related to COVID-19 They’re quite bit different from a daily cold.
Let’s see how.
- The disease seems to start out with a fever followed by a dry cough. Around 80% of confirmed cases are mild and may stay home, whereas 20% are more severe and need inpatient care due to the pneumonia and its consequences caused by the virus.
- What’s interesting is that COVID-19 only rarely seems to cause a runny nose, sneezing or maybe a sore throat. , even thought the sore throat seems to be a little more common.
- These symptoms commonly observed in regular colds are observed in just about 5% of COVID-19 patients.
- A paper published by Chen and coworkers within the respected journal, the Lancet – describe the clinical course of 99 cases hospitalized for SARS-CoV-2 associated pneumonia.
- They found that fever and cough, are the foremost common symptoms of COVID-19 followed by shortness of breath.
So the classical symptoms of pneumonia seem to be dominant in these patients.
- 17% of patients in their study treated for COVID-19 developed acute respiratory distress syndrome, or ARDS, a severe complication of COVID-19 and other pathogens and had to be mechanically ventilated.
- 3% received extracorporeal membrane oxygenation or ECMO.
- 11% died from the disease.
How to prevent coronavirus (COVID-19):
There are the highest 10 belongings you can do if you think that you would possibly have coronavirus, or COVID-19:
- Stay home.
- Monitor your symptoms carefully. If they worsen, call your healthcare provider.
- Rest and stay hydrated.
- If you’ve got a medical appointment, call ahead and allow them to know you’ll have COVID-19.
- If your symptoms are severe, call health care services.
- Cover your cough and sneezes.
- Wash your hands often.
- Stay away from others in your home.
- Use a separate bathroom.
- Avoid sharing personal items.
- Clean all surfaces that are touched often.
This are the basic information about coronavirus (covid-19) with symptoms and prevention. so do well follow this step and stay home and stay well. whenever you go out from home then you must wear mask and follow social distancing.