- So corona viruses are a family of RNA viruses in the nidolvirales order.
- Corona viruses are significant viral pathogens in both humans and animals they will cause significant disease.
- The word corona virus in the prefix corona actually comes from the Latin word for crown and it’s actually named for the crown like appearance of the virus.
So it’s extremely easy to remember and human coronaviruses are alpha and beta corona viruses therefore the corona viruses we mention and that we hear about are within the first two classifications alpha and beta.
- Corona viruses are medium-sized viruses that envelope a positive stranded RNA.
- Corona viruses themselves a really large viral RNA genome they are largest viral RNA genome known.
What are some of the hosts and reservoirs of those viruses and what animals are infected by these viruses:
- Corona viruses infect both birds and mammals.
- Bats are hosts to the most important number of viral genotypes of coronavirus in order that they act more as hosts they do not necessarily become infected with these viruses they become hosts to several number of viral genotypes of Corona virus so their immune system is in a position to suppress tons of these viruses and that they simply act as hosts but they will transmit these viruses to other birds and mammals.
- Epidemics from Corona viruses generally occur when viruses are transmitted from one species to a different.
This is often because the viruses can acquire or develop mutations in proteins on their envelope to permit them to bind to cells and infect other cells more easily so this is why we see that when viruses can be transmitted from one species to another they will acquire mutations and acquire new abilities to infect cells of other species so this is often why it’s important or it’s significant when
- Human corona viruses are causes of both respiratory and gastrointestinal tract infections.
- These human coronaviruses are relatively common causes of illness in humans and it’s estimated that coronaviruses account for approximately 5 to 10 percent of all adult upper tract infections.
- They can cause tons of respiratory tract infections anywhere from a standard cold to pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome are a RDS.
so there is a wide variety of signs and symptoms from corona viruses
- There are several corona viruses that humans are infected with more often then there’s other ones that cause more significant illnesses and infections and a few corona viruses can even cause GI or gastrointestinal tract infections and common symptoms of gastrointestinal tract infections with includes diarrhea.
- When mutations occur corona viruses are often significant causes of human epidemics and as we mentioned before tons of times these mutations can occur when the virus is transmitted from one species to a different or a completely new corona virus are often developed through these mutations and that we have seen several instances within the recent past where there has been transmission from one species to a different leading to a replacement virus and a replacement outbreak of corona virus.
Coronaviruses : histroy of infection
- This occurred within the years 2002 to 2003. early reports show it in early 2003 but it had been likely occurring even before that in 2002. so it seems have started in,
- Guangdong Province of China and it’s itself a beta corona virus and it’s said to be within the lineage B beta corona virus so there are different lineages within the beta Crona virus category and SARS is in lineage B.
- This particular corona virus SARS was transmitted from bats to civets to humans so from bats to civets and every one the thanks to humans this led to a worldwide outbreak.
- The outbreak was recorded as early as February 2003 and it appeared to have lasted until July of 2003.
- There have been quite 8,000 recorded total cases and 774 deaths with a deathrate of 9.6 percent.
- Which occurred in 2012.
- This started in Saudi Arabia and it quickly spread to many countries it itself is a beta corona virus also,
- What seems to possess occurred here is that the virus was transmitted from camels to humans so either through eating camels or exposure to camels or drinking camel milk.
- There are quite 2,400 cases of MERS with a recorded 858 associated deaths with a deathrate of roughly 34.4 percent so very high deathrate with the MERS infection.
Therefore the newest one that has come on the scene is that,
- This one occurred in December of 2019 it’s probably even before.
- This hearth started in Wuhan a city in Hubei Province of China.
- It’s the seventh Crona virus found to cause illness in humans and like SARS and MERS it’s itself a beta Crona virus.
- It’s tons of similarities to SARS.
- What seems to possess taken place here is that immediately we’re not sure exactly how it had been transmitted there was some early evidence suggesting that it had been transmitted from snakes to humans but now some evidence is suggesting it’s more likely that came from bats.
- There was an animal market in Wuhan that appeared to be the epicenter for this outbreak.
- It’s suggested that there have been six post to measure and dead animals and immediately it’s suggested it had been bats that was the source of this virus.
So i hope you understand the history of corona virus with it’s type. this is the basic introduction to corona virus. I will give brief details on (COVID-19). if you want to more in brief information than visit this article which will helps you, click below